Pentax 560mm lens now listed on Adorama...any takers!

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
garyknrd
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax 560mm lens now listed on Adorama...any takers!
In reply to waxwaine, Nov 6, 2012

That pentax 560 better be a super sharp lens with  superb  handling to beat the Sigma 500mm lens. I just did a head to head test with the Sigma 500mm lens Pentax mount, against the new Canon 300mm F2.8 ll and a 1.4 T.C. and the Sigma won? And the new Canon bare lens is breath taking. I personally think Pentax will be a good lens but Pentax at this point does not have a camera body that can even come close to taking advantage of a super telephoto lens. The K-5 with a Sigma 500 is fast AF but unreliable in close quarter shooting and cannot AF-C. If Pentax comes out with a good semi-pro body then you might see some interest in the lens. But now even the Sigma 500 on Pentax mount is at a huge disadvantage to others. My hat is off to a few fellows that shoot the Sigma with Pentax mount. I shot it for about two years ans still do shoot some. But very little now due to the poor camera Pentax makes for wildlife shooters.

garyknrd's gear list:garyknrd's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Pentax K-3 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow