Lightroom catalog migration (from 32bit to 64bit)

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Questions thread
Don Glenn
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Re: Lightroom catalog migration (from 32bit to 64bit)
In reply to plautoq, Nov 6, 2012

plautoq wrote:

LR is not seeing any files or the structure with the folders I saved before. Thanks Paul. Appreciate you spending the time trying to help me to figure it out.

-- hide signature --

Paul Amicucci

Ok, a couple of options.

1. Sounds like you have the photos in the directory (seems like an obvious thing to say), but not the catalog.  Did you restore the photos and the catalog?  I have to ask because you are insinuating that the photos were copied and you don's see them in the catalog, but the old location is there (in the catalog, I assume).

2. The other option is that you moved the photos from where lightroom had them (in my case, if you restored photos from w:\camerapics, to d\camerapics).  In that case, LR has cataloged the photos to be at w:\camerapics and you would need to update the catalog with the new location.  I think I was able to by a right click menu item on the folder in the catalog.

I do not let lightroom manage my photos, just catalog them.  So if there are differences in how the application works between those two modes, I only know what happens with import in place.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow