Hate to admit it, but I have the AF issue. Going to make a case with Nikon. Any advice?

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fayard
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Re: Hate to admit it, but I have the AF issue. Going to make a case with Nikon. Any advice?
In reply to konoplya, Nov 6, 2012

Hi Konoplya,

I would first try to do the test again. You seem to focus on a slanted object which is misleading. What I would suggest is that you put printed magazine on the floor with a lot of text on it and you put a book standing on the magazine with the cover page facing you. Then focus on the cover page of the book (close to the ground) and check where the focus land on the magazine. Repeat the experience 4 times with every sensor you want to test and post one of the pictures that is representative of the serie for each sensor.

Forget about Leonard. He is stuck in page 100 on the Nikon booklet. Even if he's right in theory, a long as your target has some details to focus on, you should be fine.

Also, AF is a matter of lens/body couple. So your lens might be the culprit and I've seen problems with the AFS 28mm 1.8 with the left sensor before. Also don't forget that any lens/body combination will show some difference in between the sensors. You have to find out if your combination is above an acceptable limit.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow