Was the 1dMkiv the best wildlife camera ever?

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vivid1
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
Re: Was the 1dMkiv the best wildlife camera ever?
In reply to ultimoamore, Nov 6, 2012

ultimoamore wrote:

Vivid1 wrote:

Some might say 7d would then be better, but 7d does not have the Mkiv ultimate IQ

What do you mean?

(beautiful picts BTW. Can I ask you some more info on your trip in Botswana? Thank you)

Thanks.

The 7d is a very good camera - I owned one for a few months. Sold it for two reasons:

1. Does not have 1d interface (handles totally different - I battled with simple things I was used to on the 1d)

2. Image quality of the 1d - difficult to quantify (leave that to the engineers here) but 7d photos were more 'digital' in nature. Also sometimes grainy in example blue sky even at low ISO.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, the 7d is brilliant in performance - af and speed, but not for me.

My trip was in Decmber/January - it is unfortunately not the right time to go - VERY hot, humid and water everywhere - also rains a lot and vehicle gets stuck in mud all the time. (I did selfdrive). Visited Chobe and Khwai camp in Moremi - camped in park-campsites there. Game is normally scarce then as well because there is so much water everywhere. Eventually I loked for a pan that had lots of bird activity and went to park there for a few days.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow