nikon 80-200 f2.8

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: nikon 80-200 f2.8 Focus issues with D7000
In reply to tessar 75, Nov 6, 2012

tessar 75 wrote:

I recommend you test any 80-200 on your D7000 before you buy it.

I have the AFS version works great on D3/D3x , D700, but could not get the AF to work well on the D7000 , in the end had to focus in live veiw to get sharp results.

I rang Nikon and they said something like ... yep that can happen and it can't be fixed. !!!

So try before you buy

cheers

The AFS version like yours is entirely a different lens from the venerable AF-D model, but you're entirely correct regardless. All older AF designs can have serious issue autofocusing with modern cameras. My D700 doesn't do as well as my other cameras with the AF-D model. Nikon told me they had a fix, but I don't care. It does so well with the rest and is ok with the D700 if I fine tune it just right. I don't want to risk sending it back.

I also heard a different story is told if you're NPS. I don't know. I know some are told it is not fixable and I was told it was. They said it required a different gear and a firmware change. Mine is so perfect on my D3S, D300 and D800.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow