nikon 80-200 f2.8

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 15,122Gear list
Re: nikon 80-200 f2.8 Focus issues with D7000
In reply to tessar 75, Nov 6, 2012

tessar 75 wrote:

I recommend you test any 80-200 on your D7000 before you buy it.

I have the AFS version works great on D3/D3x , D700, but could not get the AF to work well on the D7000 , in the end had to focus in live veiw to get sharp results.

I rang Nikon and they said something like ... yep that can happen and it can't be fixed. !!!

So try before you buy

The AFS version like yours is entirely a different lens from the venerable AF-D model, but you're entirely correct regardless. All older AF designs can have serious issue autofocusing with modern cameras. My D700 doesn't do as well as my other cameras with the AF-D model. Nikon told me they had a fix, but I don't care. It does so well with the rest and is ok with the D700 if I fine tune it just right. I don't want to risk sending it back.

I also heard a different story is told if you're NPS. I don't know. I know some are told it is not fixable and I was told it was. They said it required a different gear and a firmware change. Mine is so perfect on my D3S, D300 and D800.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow