ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
imqqmi
imqqmi MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,463Gear list
Like?
*** Challenge 345 - Winners! ***
Nov 6, 2012

(Apologies for the formatting and extra exif info, the editor doesn't allow me to remove those.)

What an excellent entries! There was a great diversity of shots in this challenge, picking the winners was no walk in the park!
I really enjoyed all the great places for a hike or walk!
On to the honorable mentions:

Amosf
Always a pleasure to see families enjoying a walk in the park, and your shot shows that it's all in the mans expression:

Avyman
Great set of landscapes as I'm expecting from you with a nice story to go along with them which counts half for the enjoyement of seeing your shots. Loved the 'blessed camera bag' shot

Baneling
I really like the light and the autumn colors. The road snaking through the image works well to lead the eye through the shot:

Guinness
I did spot the Nymph Guinness which really adds to the shot because it offsets the troll like tree on the right Excellent b/w conversion:

Iancrowe
I love foggy shots and this one gives me a melancholic feeling somehow, looking over the water with trees fading into the mist. Peaceful and quiet:

Leroyvanhee
Very sharp hummingbird in overcast conditions is difficult to do and you've pulled it off perfectly, nice pose and shiny eye to boot:

Longboard
Yosimite is one of the most beautiful parks and the shape of the valley and rock are very recognizable. El capitan is what the sheer cliff is called, right? Neven been to this park but your shot really makes me want to go there soon

Oilman
One of the best b/w landscapes I've seen from you with strong contrast and composition. I love the rays 'raining' down on the land, the reflection in the water and the soft clouds:

RAYoung
I love furry creatures, nicely isolated using a shallow DOF, and it seems to pose for you

And now.... the winners are....

3. Dave Vichich
What a beautiful bird of prey with a grey blue yellow red beak. Excellent pose and nice even background to make it stand out. The perch is also perfect and really fits the bird into its context. 3rd place:

2. Wilba
I've seen this shot before and it is still one of the best shots I've seen of a swan in a lake, the monotonoes shades really fits with the delicacy of the subject. 2nd place:

1. Car629
Love the daisey macro shot. With all the wide angle sceneries sometimes it's the little things that matter and you've done a great job finding this shot. Love the simple yet effective composition, even the sky is included in this macro shot which usually feels a bit close and tight but with the sky included gives it more space. 1st place and the winner of this challenge! It's over to you to host the next challenge!

imqqmi's gear list:imqqmi's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow