Tablet vs Mouse

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
digital ed
Senior MemberPosts: 2,990Gear list
Like?
Re: Tablet vs Mouse
In reply to Lindsey Webb, Nov 6, 2012

I never use a mouse. Only use a trackball and have done so for more years than I can remember. I use a Logitech wireless trackball so if my arm or wrist gets tired I just set the trackball on my leg or elsewhere and keep tracking.

I also use a Wacom tablet for the more intricate photo or graphic work. I have the large tablet which allows me to control both 25 inch monitors I have in front of my work station. Each monitor takes up 1/2 of the tablet space so effectively only half of the tablet is available for each screen. Works just right for me with the work on one screen and the tools on the other. Also, the trackball is great for quickly moving the cursor from one screen to the other without moving my hand.

I have found working with the pen no different than the trackball with regards to any discomfort I feel due to the arthritis in my hand and wrist.

digital ed's gear list:digital ed's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow