ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tfmfineart
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Did they hide the cd somewhere? First impressions of DP2 Merrill
Nov 6, 2012

Hi,

I did a search on the forum and didn't come up with anything, so thought I would ask - I've already downloaded the latest software from Sigma's website - do I really need the cd that should have come with the camera? Anything special that I would be missing by not having it? Thanks in advance for any input!

After chasing down the UPS driver (he could have rung the doorbell!), I have the latest Sigma DP2 Merrill (yeaaa!). So glad I got the wasabi batteries - went through 1 battery just taking snaps inside and looking through the menus. Used a fresh battery to update the firmware. I like how they updated the battery / sd card compartment door. I only took around 30 snaps with the raw/jpg setting and with that I love the feel of the camera. Easy to handle and make adjustments on the fly. I used my expodisc to capture the custom white balance - glad that setting is in the quick menu also. The detail of just the few I took are amazing!!! Looking through Sigma Photo Pro - new adjustments became available - I'll have to look into that more. I did have a problem opening up a raw file in Photoshop CS6 and CS5. Everything's up to date - maybe Adobe can update their software (please!!)?? Adobe Bridge didn't load the x3f thumbnails either. Anyone else having these problems?? Anyone using Lightroom 4 - does that make the thumbnails?

In the meantime, I'll have to wait for first light tomorrow to go out and get serious and have some fun with this new camera - Can't wait!! Hope to post some images tomorrow afternoon or evening.

-- hide signature --

Theresa

tfmfineart's gear list:tfmfineart's gear list
Sigma DP2
Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow