Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charlie Lab
Regular MemberPosts: 348Gear list
Like?
Manual Wide-Angle lens recommendations requested
Nov 6, 2012

I have a fairly solid collection of good manual lenses, having just filled the short tele portrait hole in my lineup (hooray!)... but don't have a wide-angle manual lens worth mentioning.  I am looking for a manual 21-25mm prime. Recommendations are appreciated... ideally looking for a sharp and pretty fast lens in the sub-$400 range, to be used on a NEX-7 (so WA RF glass can be an issue).

I currently have Minolta SR (MC/MD) and Pentax M42 mount adapters, and I would prefer it to be one of these two mounts, but it's certainly not necessary as I'm finding the available selection pretty slim in these mounts.

Why manual and not the Zeiss? Mostly because I really prefer working with manual glass, particularly as I will be using this lens for landscapes, video work, and tight-corner portraits, the first two of which I really prefer to have manual controls on the focus.  Who knows, I may end up with the Zeiss in the end as well... I can always sell a kidney.

Oh, I already have the 16mm, and enjoy it for what it is... just not what I`m looking for in this instance.

Cheers,

CL

-- hide signature --

If you take a great photograph, I really don't care whether it came from a Leica or smartphone. Just share it.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow