WG-1 or WG-2

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lee Beasley
Senior MemberPosts: 2,323Gear list
Like?
Re: WG-1 or WG-2
In reply to BetsyG, Nov 6, 2012

Those lights around the lens are for the super macro mode. I've actually never used them. I bought the camera specifically to abuse in the swimming pool, where I drag it around and dunk it all summer long. I've had the WG-1 for two seasons now, and it's been worth every penny I paid for it. I've gotten some super action shots of my grandchildren swimming and diving, even in fairly dim evening light.

When summer ends, I just clean up the camera and store it away for the next year. I haven't really seen the need to upgrade the WG-1. It is what it is. It's very rugged and can take a real beating under water, being bonked against the concrete steps and pool side, and tossed in the trunk of a car through the hot summer weather (it reached 107 several days here this summer). It's fine for snow and cold, too.

Lee Beasley's gear list:Lee Beasley's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow