Epson R3000 - first print, super crappy

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Questions thread
lauranytrttapf
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Laura, let's make a test easy....
In reply to Petruska, Nov 6, 2012

Thanks Bob! The process is slightly different for a Mac, and I don't know why, but when I choose "printer manages color" the printer color management is not enabled.

Also, please keep in mind I was originally printing on Epson brand presentation matte paper and I was still getting bad prints. The watercolor paper I used is probably not for an inkjet printer, but I was able to get a better print on that (manually choosing the glossy black ink) than I was on Epson paper. Still not perfect though. The blacks weren't as dark but using matte black ink created an overall darker image on both papers. I may be wrong, but I assume it's probably much different for an illustrator to print his or her artwork than a photographer based on the range of value and color in the print. Much of my artwork has a limited color palette (sometimes as little as 3 colors) so if they aren't right, there's no hiding it.

I sounds like I will need to buy quality brand name watercolor or matte paper. Thanks for all of the suggestions everybody! However, I will most likely never use glossy in the future so I don't wan't to go out and buy a pack just to do a color test. That being said... Joe, I will take you up on your offer! Although if my monitor isn't calibrated correctly and looks different than yours, wouldn't the prints mean nothing?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow