Question about CAF with my E-5, appreciate comments.

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bobby J
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,636Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about CAF with my E-5, appreciate comments.
In reply to msusic, Nov 6, 2012

I used IS2 which is specifically for panning.  According to the manual however that shuts off the vertical component, the idea is to get a blurred background.  However I didn't use a tripod or monopod and tried to stabilize the camera with the strap.  Bad idea.  At 200 mm I was all over the place.  However shutter speeds for the most part were quite high and that should have stopped any motion blur and in fact motion blur is not what I'm seeing in the bad shots.  They look in focus but just not crisp.  That's why I think it's the IS.

Also according to the manual the CAF is in fact predictive and is so stated.  Apparently some people have had excellent results with it in good light.  This was my 1st use of CAF with the E-5, but I have used it a few times on previous Oly cameras with decent results, but tracking much slower subjects and also not using IS as I recall.

Anyway I appreciate your input and welcome any ideas I can try.  One thing for sure, next time I go out I'll use a mopod or tripod and I'll turn off the IS if I'm shooting in good light at fast moving targets.

-- hide signature --

BJM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow