Elements 11 raw converter

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,546Gear list
Like?
Re: Elements 11 raw converter
In reply to Carl Crumley, Nov 6, 2012

Carl Crumley wrote:

Is this the way of limiting the functionality of ACR so we'll buy Lightroom or CS6?

Yes. PSE is a cut down RAW processor and pixel editor. It doesn't have the full RAW processing controls of Lightroom (or the full fledged ACR that ships with Photoshop) and it doesn't have all the pixel editing features of photoshop. Some/all of the pixel editing features are also limited to 8bit files as well.

I used it for a year before upgrading to LR. I found it to be very useful. Many photographers who don't want to do much in the way of PP will find that it serves all their needs. Of course my first images were fairly awful and I needed PSE's pixel editing abilities to remove all my mistakes. However, as time went on I started focusing more and more on good composition. My needs for pixel editing reduced and I focused more on getting the best from my existing shots by RAW processing. That is when I switched to LR.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow