New Lumix ZS 15 versus used Lumix DMC-ZS7

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevin Omura
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
Re: New Lumix ZS 15 versus used Lumix DMC-ZS7
In reply to trudyo, Nov 5, 2012

trudyo wrote:

I bought a New ZS 15 for $189 and then found a used DMC ZS7 for $150. The ZS7 seems likes it is a slightly higher end camera, as it has a GPS. It's in great condition. This may sound crazy, but would there be any reason to prefer the used camera over the new one? It's not clear to me how much I would need the GPS.

(By the way, Costco is selling something called a ZS7 which is absolutely not the same as the DMC ZS7 NOT this camera http://www.dpreview.com/products/panasonic/compacts/panasonic_dmczs7.)

I'm replacing my Lumix DMC-TZ5 DMC-TZ15 (which I lost).

Thanks!

The main difference is the ZS7 has a CCD sensor and a lens that is only 12x zoom while the ZS15 has the 16x zoom out of the ZS10 and a CMOS sensor. The ZS15 feels like the ZS10 without the GPS though has the better sensor of the FZ150 which a lot of people on here like.

I own a ZS7 but much prefer the ZS10 which we also own so I would be inclined to go with the ZS15 whew....

B&H has the ZS20 for $244 but it didn't get a great review on here while the ZS15 fared better...

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +46 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow