So much negative Canon and 5D MK III chatter. 35+ "Real" world photos to show otherwise.

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 28,125
Like?
Re: Balancing indoor light to outdoor wow! No one has done that before. Now I gotta get that D800
In reply to Apewithacamera, Nov 5, 2012

Apewithacamera wrote:

Again, exposed for the windo. this required a 5.5 stop lift to get the brickwork as I wanted it.

What is to stop you from introducing a lightsource to balance this interior light with the outside?

a) this was at the end of a considerable walk, I didn't have a 'lightsource' with me.

b) getting the 'light source' arranged to look natural would have taken considerable time.

c) this was shot at 14mm. i wouldn't need a 'light source', I would have needed several, carefully arranged to give even and convincing lighting. Setup time would have been an hour or so, even if I had the kit with me.

d) this building was open to the public, the chances of setting up 'light sources' uninterrupted would be zero.

e) being able to do this without a 'light source' is a major convenience. I'm also finding I much prefer the quality of natural light without 'light sources', and that I can take photographs in situations I couldn't before, because 'light sources' are either unavailable, too big and heavy to carry around or simply not allowed at a location.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow