This is gonna upset some of you.....

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
xrdbear
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,704
Like?
Re: This is gonna upset some of you.....
In reply to RomanJohnston, Nov 5, 2012

RomanJohnston wrote:

painterdude wrote:

hey bro the fact of the matter is you did not need a D800 or a 300 or even a DSLR for that shot. A good P&S or bridge cam (even a 7or 8 year old version of same) would do it as well..at that size. Good p&s /bridges would not break a sweat getting that image..so I don't get what the comparision is all about..Maybe its just me!!lol

Well that WAS my point. I can print 40" x 60" with the D300...but of course would get better prints at that size with the D800. But for most...the D800, or D600 is not the end all for quality landscape work. A d7000 or D300 would do just fine for most people.

I bet the money they save would go a long way if they took a workshop or classes of some kind. I am sure it wold give a much better return on the investment.

Not only that but you can do a decent amount of traveling around with the difference in price too. It's sad that photographers just starting out can be hampered by being conned into spending unnecessarily large amounts of money on equipment.

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow