Lisbon and Sintra with K-5 IIs

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
tcom
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,938Gear list
Like?
Re: Lisbon and Sintra with K-5 IIs
In reply to petreluk, Nov 5, 2012

petreluk wrote:

This is a wonderful set which I've looked through on pbase. Thank you very much for your generosity in making your captures available. I don't know Lisbon at all but your set certainly makes me want to go there. Having seen your pictures, I'm pretty decided now on upgrading my own set-up to a K5IIs but to get the best from it I think I will trade in my DA* 16-50mm which in truth I've never really liked that much (two spells in repair with six months of new haven't increased my affection for it) and stick to primes only for those focal lengths - 15mm, 21mm and 55mm most likely. That and my DFA 100mm macro and, when I can afford it, one longer prime like DA* 200mm will be my lot. It looks to me as if most zooms will take the edge off the K5IIs, not the 50-135mm or the 60-250mm but quite likely the others may well add enough blowsiness to negate the absent AA filter.

You are welcome. Lisbon is really a great city and well worth a visit if you can.

I never really liked the DA*16-50 neither. It is a very practical lens for sightseeing, but from an IQ point of view, it i simply not on the level of good primes. Initially, to test the K5 IIs here in Lisbon, I wanted to take the DA15 and FA31 instead of the 16-50, but with the bad weather which was announced, I prefered to go with a full weather sealed package.

tcom's gear list:tcom's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Pentax 645D Nikon D4 Leica M Typ 240 Pentax K-3 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow