A57 Images Are Soft!

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
hemi71cuda
Regular MemberPosts: 194Gear list
Like?
Re: @ Hemi71cuda:
In reply to hemi71cuda, Nov 5, 2012

hemi71cuda wrote:

Wow! This thread really took a turn last night! My apologies for unwittingly causing a scene to develop! LOL. Weeding out the nonsense, the info I've gleaned is that even when I think the subject is holding still enough, when indoors even a 1/50th SS is not fast enough to get reliably sharp images. I'll do some experimenting next time using higher ISO to get higher shutter speeds. I'll also see how the built in flash looks with some kind of diffuser on it while keeping an eye out for a good deal on the f20 flash.

Well I haven't gotten my hands on an f20 but I do have good news! My dad shot Minolta film and then a 7D and I knew had an external flash so I decided I would dig it out and see if it worked on my a57. Imagine my surprise when I pulled out a SONY flash! It was an f56. He also had a Minolta 5600i which he claimed had issues "syncing" with the 7D and that's why he got the Sony f56. I played with both of them and they both worked just fine on both cameras! Though I had to turn the Sony flash down to 1/2 to get good results... I took a bunch of pictures of my nephew indoors in even worse light than previous examples(cloudy, gloomy fall weather) and they came out real nice. Clean, evenly lit, sharp, focused, etc. I guess I just had unrealistic expectations about indoor photography without using flash:

ISO 100 ss1/60th f3.2

So I ended up stealing the Minolta 5600i flash. I would still like to get the f20 due to it's compactness but I think I'll just keep saving Sony rewards points and buy it that way.

So to those that helped with advice, I say "Thank You", to those who were rude/obnoxious... I say something completely different.

hemi71cuda's gear list:hemi71cuda's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A57 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow