Fuji's crappy battery (X-Pro1)

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alan Wolf
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji's crappy battery (X-Pro1)
In reply to liquid stereo, Nov 5, 2012

liquid stereo wrote:

What is up with Fuji? The battery in the X-Pro1 is pure garbage. The shot life is quite low/poor and the battery indicator is a POS.

The indicator is part of the camera's circuits, not the battery's—and yes, it is bad. (Better than pre 1.10, but still not right for 2012). Along with most others, I've had very equivalent usage with $10 batteries (Powercell from Amazon, in my case) so I just keep two spares with me. The amperage is about right for the package size, so unless Fuji put in a physically larger battery, it's hard to fault.

If I were going to fault the battery, I'd mention the ability to stick it in in any orientation. I tend to minimally chimp (but still do). I've yet to get the "expected" number of shots form any of the cameras I've used. The X P1 is pretty much a nadir in this regard though.

Alan Wolf's gear list:Alan Wolf's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 4/18 ZM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/25 Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/85 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow