This is gonna upset some of you.....

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
verybiglebowski
Senior MemberPosts: 3,109Gear list
Like?
Re: This is gonna upset some of you.....
In reply to RomanJohnston, Nov 5, 2012

RomanJohnston wrote:

You make some reasonable suggestions as to how to display a post without encouraging flame. I did not comprehend his original point as to say that the differences between the D800's and earlier models were pointless or to your interpretation of his point "which camera is better." He just stated within a particular parameter the differences could be slight for some who don't utilize it to a greater potential. I'm sure there is no doubt in his mind how much more beneficial that camera will be in his hands than what his D300 is.

If he would say it the way you did, I would remain silent. I almost never enter flaming debates. But he didn't, and I think we have more then enough flaming threads here, so I was provoked to react.

Forgive me but I have to call BS on the "provoked to react". We (and I hold myself to the same standard) all have full control of how we react to each other. That's not a shot at you...its a standard of conduct that I value.

Instead of apologizing for at least inappropriate subject line, he kept committing to it, and most of all, I still don't see any valuable contribution in his OP. (appart of the nice image) Because even your formulation has same validity for any cameras, lenses or other equipment comparison. "Within particular parameter, the differences could be slight." That's obvious, no?

I don't think my subject line was "inappropriate". You wont such behavior from me. Sorry it did not meet your filters. My point was....as there are always posts here about "should I buy this camera for landscapes....vs. that....(IE usually a D600 or D800 vs their perfectly fine D7000) and they print no larger than 12"x 18"....my point is perfectly honed WITH examples.

So sorry you did not like my post.

Roman

-- hide signature --

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; It is the source of all true art and science.
~ Albert Einstein
http://www.commercialfineart.com/
http://www.pbase.com/romansphotos/

Sorry to you if you think I was rude, and I am sorry that you don't consider my remarks as positive, and yes I have to call your OP and following argumentation BS too.

So we can move along, each by its own....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow