My 85mm 1.8G just arrived!

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,729Gear list
Like?
Re: My 85mm 1.8G just arrived!
In reply to CalifJewls, Nov 5, 2012

CalifJewls wrote:

I'm pretty excited, my 85mm 1.8G just arrived today! Paired with my D600 I'm expecting some great captures, I can't wait to get outside this weekend!

4 months ago I crossed over to Nikon and bought a D7000 which I then exchanged for the D600.. I'm loving Nikon, the controls, the features, the performance and the way it feels in my hands!

I'm using the D600's 24-85 kit lens which I've been pleasantly surprised by and my 50mm 1.8G which I love and now the 85mm 1.8G... Next the 28mm 1.8G?? Or the 70-200mm f4??

Im now obsessed with Nikon!

heheh.. I've been obsessed with Nikon for over 45 years and still am. You're going to love that new 85mm. One of my favorite street combinations is my 85 f/1.4 and a wide angle prime or the 16-35 f/4 zoom. For years I carried the older 85 f/1.4D AF and the 35 f/2D AF with one in my pocket and one on the camera. Those were the most fun times.

Though I do love zoom lenses too, my current street combo is the 85 f/1.4G and the new 28 f/1.8G. They are a little larger but either still fits inside a sock in my pocket. That new 28 f/1.8G is one of the most impressive lenses I've purchased in recent years. I didn't expect it to be as good as it is. I just wanted a replacement for the 35 f/2 for the occasional street walk and now I have also made it a permanent lens for work as well. Where my 35 f/2 has to be stopped down to at least f/5.6, this new one isn't half bad wide open and really is nice at f/2.8.

Good luck and have a ball with our new lens. It's always fun to learn new glass.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow