Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonas B
Forum ProPosts: 14,596
Like?
Photography, gear and... ill-treated images
Nov 5, 2012

The bottom line first: I'll stop posting images here. (That fact means little to the forum - I post images sparsely anyway and what I do is most often mediocre.)

Why?

I'm used to be able to post direct links making the embedded images look the way I intend them to look. That is sharpened to my taste (or ability, lol). When the purpose of posting the images have been fulfilled I have been able to remove them. I have sometimes done that, sometimes I have let the images stay up at my server.

That is now in the past. Now, "linking" to an image somewhere at the Net the image is added to some internal DPR repository. During the process the images are re-sized, and not only re-sized but re-sized with lower jpg-quality using some badly written algorithm resulting in images significantly more blurry than the originals.

On top of it all you can no longer pull your images. That may be good or bad but as long as I'm the owner of an image I like to be the one deciding where and when it is available. There was no information to us users about this change and I had to mail twice to get a couple of my images removed.

What do you think about the new DPR way of showing images?

regards,

Jonas

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
11New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow