This is gonna upset some of you.....

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
verybiglebowski
Senior MemberPosts: 2,962Gear list
Like?
Re: This is gonna upset some of you.....
In reply to John M Roberts, Nov 5, 2012

John M Roberts wrote:

verybiglebowski wrote:

You mean your original definition : "Flame retardant suit is on....so let er rip."

Look, I don't want to start even more senseless debate with you, I just don't see any point in your OP the way you presented it. On the other hand, I can imagine a nice debate - what are benefits and dissadvantages of using APS-C or even smaller sensor size, versus FF for the landscape, or for some other situation.

I can make technically great landscape shot with even smaller and cheaper camera such as NEX 5, and many others can do even better with m4/3 or 1" cameras. What I can't understand, from a talented and experienced person like you, are posts involving the most senseless debates - which camera is better, or - you should be upset because you spent more money for the D800 and D300 can do equally well. You are too good photographer for such a childish thread.

You make some reasonable suggestions as to how to display a post without encouraging flame. I did not comprehend his original point as to say that the differences between the D800's and earlier models were pointless or to your interpretation of his point "which camera is better." He just stated within a particular parameter the differences could be slight for some who don't utilize it to a greater potential. I'm sure there is no doubt in his mind how much more beneficial that camera will be in his hands than what his D300 is.

If he would say it the way you did, I would remain silent. I almost never enter flaming debates. But he didn't, and I think we have more then enough flaming threads here, so I was provoked to react.

Instead of apologizing for at least inappropriate subject line, he kept committing to it, and most of all, I still don't see any valuable contribution in his OP. (appart of the nice image) Because even your formulation has same validity for any cameras, lenses or other equipment comparison. "Within particular parameter, the differences could be slight." That's obvious, no?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow