Started Nov 4, 2012 | Questions thread
remylebeau
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 and Tamron Lenses
In reply to Lucas_, Nov 5, 2012

Lucas_ wrote:

remylebeau wrote:

I don't have enough lenses especially redundant ones to notice this issue, to be honest I'm not sure if most people would.

Actually outside of the Sony 16-50 and Minolta 80-200 all my lenses are 3rd party, several are 20-35 year old Tokina's and Sigmas. No problems at all on the a77 micro adjust or the a99.

I think this is one weakness of Sony's marketing/business, they make decent lenses but price them IMO higher than is reasonable for that class.

That's probably the single biggest reason that even though I buy used, I still buy 3rd party or Minolta glass.

Interesting point they mention it in the manual though, being quite honest I haven't read it, something to keep in mind for sure.

I make your thoughts mine! Most of my lenses are Sigma and Minolta, I also have two Tamron, two Sony and one Tokina. All have micro adjusted AF on both A900 and A77, with no problems up to now. I'll cross my fingers when I get the A99!

... Lucas

*/Always having fun with photography .../*
http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how well your lenses are with the a99. I have the Tamron 28-75mm and I've used that on the a99 for a few days, and it's such a quality combination.

remylebeau's gear list:remylebeau's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow