Weekend MONOCHROME #104 |26-28 Oct| Post yours!

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fox328
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
Re: Patterns and groups at the British Museum
In reply to dave gaines, Nov 5, 2012

dave gaines wrote:

I like the first shot of the geometric ceiling a lot. There are many angles to explore there.

The groupings of school children are interesting, especially the one of the kids sitting on the floor listening to the teacher. I'm not sure why the slanted view helps here, or why you chose that, but it looks good.

-- hide signature --

Dave
No thought exists without an image. Socrates
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

I used the slanted view deliberately to capture the surroundings and the children (it was quite narrow and it was the only way to take it and not getting distracted by surrounding objects). It looks quite natural because of the rule of thirds is applied and because  the picture was taken as if your looking back over your shoulder. Although the diagonal view was already in the picture when it was taken i did some pp and adjusted the angle just a bit to get a fluent line towards the children.

Roel Hendrickx uses this kind of photographing much more frequently and is more capable in it than i am. But given the circumstances i like the result because of the intimate look of the group in a not so intimate surrounding.

Thanks for watching and for your comments.

Fox328's gear list:Fox328's gear list
Olympus E-400 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FlyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow