Is it just me or are all web sites NOT taking advantage of wide screen PC monitors?!!

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
jakesan
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
Re: Is it just me or are all web sites NOT taking advantage of wide screen PC monitors?!!
In reply to Coyote_Cody, Nov 5, 2012

Huh?

Ebay decided to use a wider format, forcing those with lesser screens to scroll around.  It is not "adaptive".

Google news uses a center column that can resize width based on browser size and the text auto-wraps to fill the width.  I hardly call that high tech.  Most web sites do not have colums that would led themselves to this method. It only works well and looks good with TEXT colums.

Facebook... one of their hi-tech methods is to add and remove columns based on browser width... impressive?

Good old HTML became the defacto standard and while it is still evolving (HTML5) it is by nature, and by need to be universal, a "limited" language.

Now, YOU do some real research and find out why adaptive screens are not yet the norm and YOU let us know.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow