Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wb2trf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,402
Like?
Opinion wanted on Nex upgrading
Nov 5, 2012

I've been happily shooting with my Nex 3 for some time.  I push ISO fairly often, shooting moving children indoors.  I shoot almost only with primes now, the SEL5018, some MF and the Sigma 30mm.  I don't care much about a viewfinder.

I'm interested in hearing about the experience of those who have upgraded from Nex3/5 to 5N and/or 5R.  I was planning on "skip generation" from the 3/5 generation to the 5R.  I was excited about the PD focus. However, it seems it won't work on my favorite lenses, at least not for a while, if ever.  This makes me reconsider upgrading now to the very bargain priced 5N for the improved ISO alone (and touchscreen), or wait to see if SEL5018 gets firmware for PD and only then buy the 5R, or wait for "5Q" skipping two generations, whenever that might be.  The idea that the 5R would tempt me to use the kit zoom for its faster focus support, and sacrifice some IQ is an annoying prospect.

Opinions, particularly from those who have done some of these upgrades, are welcome.

Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow