Anyone planning to migrate to Windows 8 on a desktop or notebook/laptop

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,289
Like?
Re: Anyone planning to migrate to Windows 8 on a desktop or notebook/laptop
In reply to Andreas Stuebs, Nov 5, 2012

A week ago, I upgraded one of my Windows 7 Home premium (64bit)installations (desktop) to Windows 8 Pro (64bit).

I found it best after a couple of days to install "classic shell" to get my start menu back.

I just dont like the Windows interface that makes my desktop look like a $100 phone..  There really isnt any good/easy way to make that start screen look good on a desktop screen.

Windows 8 is a "Little quicker" to to boot and shut down, and sometimes, depending on what software you are running, a little quicker between programs, but not a LOT quicker, just a little.

There just wasn't enough gain in performance to justify the change, and I wont be doing it to the systems that are running 7 pro or 7 ultimate in my house.

NOTE TO THOSE IN FEAR OF LOSING YOUR WIN 7 SYSTEM ACTIVATION.....  It doesn't happen, except for the boot drive that you were using when you installed Windows 8.

If you keep a "current clone" of your boot drive with the windows 7 install on it, you can switch right back to that OS buy installing the clone as your boot drive.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow