Epson R3000 - first print, super crappy

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Questions thread
lauranytrttapf
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Epson R3000 - first print, super crappy
In reply to rpenmanparker, Nov 5, 2012

I am comparing it to the image on my screen. I fiddled around with printing on different paper and with the regular black ink rather than matte and the image that printed is much closer to my screen now. Still a little off, this time the blacks aren't as black and it looks as though I lowered the transparency before I printed it. I really hope this isn't a trial and error process every time I print because I used about 8 pages last night to get it right (close to right).

Also, this might be a helpful bit of information.. I am not printing photographs. I am printing illustrations created in photoshop. Still, I don't see why that would make much of a difference, other than the fact that I will never use glossy paper for an illustration.

With that being said, is anyone a pro at printing on hotpress/coldpress watercolor paper? what settings should i be using? My printer automatically went to the matte black ink when I selected watercolor paper in the setting but that printed too dark so I had to choose regular paper, even though I was feeding it thick watercolor

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow