Cone pigment versus Cone dye ink....

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark McCormick
Contributing MemberPosts: 774
Like?
Re: I thought that IJC uses IS inks?
In reply to jtoolman, Nov 5, 2012

jtoolman wrote:

According to IJF their inks are specially formulated for them and their only CON was their MK not being deep enough. Thus the switch to IS MK.

The IJF pigment inks, other than perhaps the black, are definitely different than the IS set. I can confirm this because the yellow IFJ pigmented ink has much better lightfastness, on a par with Epson OEM K3 yellow.  The IS yellow pigment is worse than Epson Claria dye with respect to light fade, so pigments aren't always better than dyes. MIS associates appears to sell the IS ink set as MIS light fade test results give signature IS test results.

Although Cone's inks are widely respected for initial image quality and reliability, I am unaware of any published lightfastness test results for the Conecolor inks. As we can see from the IS pigmented ink light fastness tests, different particle size distribution and encapsulation technologies mean that not all pigmented inkjet inks are equal in terms of both initial image quality and image stability over time even when the same bulk chemical composition for the pigment has been selected.

cheers,

Mark

-- hide signature --

Mark McCormick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow