LCD playback is much better than the real photo exported to ipad-- is this common?

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Questions thread
cwinte
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
Re: LCD playback is much better than the real photo exported to ipad-- is this common?
In reply to Brambi, Nov 5, 2012

I seem to recall finding that images in Photo app were only displayed at a lower resolution, about half of that shot. If this is still true then some resampling and regeneration is going on...

I did find that the full file was there in iPad since the files sent on to DropBox were still full size and had all the original detail - which could not be seen on iPad.

Any information on how fast the NEX6-ipad link works would be useful if Brambi could comment on:

Time from shutter to image on ipad for jpeg, jpeg+RAW?

How long for a series of images, say from a burst (or when you have shot a series away from ipad and then connect)? Again jpeg and a J+RAW times.

Have you experience notes about getting the RAWs off ipad and onto a Mac or PC?

Any other practicalities found?

Any other apps tried or used?

There are a few threads on tablets use with NEX but obviously the N6 extends the attractions. Maybe I should start a thread asking about tablet experiences with N6.

I am thinking I need a N6 and suitable tablet but I need to be able to copy images to backup (but beyond the space on iPad) so I need to write to a backup SDHC card or external USB HDD.
For me a card reader / usb interface may be much faster/more practical to deal with 500 shots than wifi - hence may request for speed information.

Rapid appearance on tablet screen is great for checking shots and might influence my work flow in some situations.

-- hide signature --

NEX 7, 5N, OSS SEL18200, kit1855, 16mm & 12mmUWA, Sigma30 plus various manual glass

cwinte's gear list:cwinte's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow