Just got my Sony NEX 5n - wow! A few questions about continuous shooting.

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
guitarlar
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Just got my Sony NEX 5n - wow! A few questions about continuous shooting.
Nov 5, 2012

Hello guys!

I recently decided I wanted to buy a decent camera, I have very little knowledge about cameras but love a good photo. I ended up getting a sony nex 5n, the twin lens kit. I got it yesterday and went out this morning to take a few photos! I've never actually left the house before just to take photos, so this was a first! Anyway, I loved the camera and found it so easy to use (I was only using the scene modes) ... here are some of the photos I took, with a little bit of editing in Aperture

Tonight I'm going to a firework display, I've searched and read through some of the other threads about this and I've managed to set my 5n up as suggested by some posters, apart from the speed priority shooting mode. It works in Auto mode, but if I put it on Manual mode or a scene mode, it doesn't work. It will only do single shots. But if I put it into auto mode it does the continuous shooting. Is there any advice someone can give me to sort it out? Thanks a lot!

Also, advice on my photos above would be welcome - I know they wont be great to people who know their photography - but I'm pleased with them and would like to know if I'm making any real obvious errors ... Like I've done something silly aperture that makes the photo look very amateurish hah because I'm only just learning how to use that as well!

Thanks very much, I look forward becoming part of this community and hopefully helping others when I have some knowledge to share myself!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow