Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Logan Nolag
Regular MemberPosts: 277
Like?
Stock Nikon Straps
Nov 5, 2012

I know this is probably blasphemy but I actually like the stock Nikon straps.

There is a certain simplicity the stock straps that all the aftermarket straps lack. I have tried virtually ALL of the third party straps and I find that I keep coming back to the Nikon straps. The third party straps are all WAY over designed and complicated. Also I just don't trust the plastic buckles and loops the third party straps always seem to have.

Now for the single downside (in my eyes) to the Nikon Straps. They all seem to be too short. I have used the following straps:

D50 stock strap (not sure what the model number is)

AN-DC1 - D7000 Stock strap

AN-DC6 - D800 Stock strap

AN-6W - Wide Wine Colored Strap

NS-1 - Old stock strap that is technically still current but not really available anywhere anymore.

ALL of these straps are virtually the same length +/- an inch or two.

There are currently 22 different straps, including some of the above, available and I am unsure which one is the longest or if they are all virtually the same length.

I am curious if anybody knows if any of the Nikon straps are longer than any of the ones I have used.

Nikon D50 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow