Just finished a day of shooting the Panasonic 35-100mm...

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tenken777
Contributing MemberPosts: 503
Like?
Re: Thanks for sharing!
In reply to Jorginho, Nov 5, 2012

Jorginho wrote:

These pictures are alright and very nice that you shot most (all?) wide open. So we cam see what to expect. Thanks a lot!
Of course we have seen a number of them now and I think it looks good to very good. Colours are nice, sharpness is what you'd expect in my view. The only downside is that I have to agree with some of those APS-c trolls over here: DOF is not shallow enough in some cases to me. I also do not find the bokeh very good. It is not distracting with sharp egdes etc. But it is also not as smooth. So to me, much like the 12-35 mm it is really a question if it is worth 1300 euro or so...I still don't know. In my view, it cannot be compared to the Nikon 70-200 f2.8 which I really hoped for. I think that lens is really a notch better from what I have seen (on a D7000). I know: that is to be expected when it comes to DOF, but I also think the bokeh ismore pleasing.

Yes, they are mostly wide open shot.  I agree that the bokeh is not shallow enough even at the 100mm, so if I were to go for a cream machine I would pick the 75mm for the job, and when you have a stationary target.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow