ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
harry2007
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
NEX-6: Shutter speed when making video
Nov 5, 2012

Hi all,

When making video using NEX-6, does it take the shutter speed setting into account?

I made bunch of videos last weekend for a birthday party and I was surprised with the results

First, I set to use 1080p at 50fps, 28Mbps bitrate, the highest possible quality.

But, during the course, I also made some photos ... So, I set the camera to shutter priority with 1/30 or 1/40 or 1/50 ... depending of the object movement.

When I took a video, I did not check the shutter speed. I just clicked the video button, thats all.

I saw the shutter speed changed to 1/50 ... Well, I understood this is because of the 50p setting.

However, when I reviewed the videos ... there are some videos which are stuttering during panning ... While there are some videos which are smooth as expected from 50p.

I know how should 50p look like, I made some tests before and really satisfied with it.

These videos are fragments like 1 until 3 minutes each, from all spots in the room, movement and panning as well.

But, why some of those are stuttering and jerky, not smooth like 50p ... Shouldn't the camera adjust ALL SETTINGS to match the 50p performance? Like lowering the ISO or something? And I set the camera to use AUTO ISO.

I am a bit upset, luckily few important moments were recorded "correctly" in 50p look.

Still don't get it ...

ANSWER:
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow