More Xpro1 Street shots

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
dnercesian
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
Re: Agree with David
In reply to MuMinded, Nov 5, 2012

MuMinded wrote:

Nothing to take away from the poster of these images as far as technical ability.. all are good images.

However, there seems to be a trend going on with many (new?) photographers to flip the camera into B/W and go "hunting" for homeless people. I personally find this distasteful and as you so rightly point out, these poor souls have no place they can go to get out of the spotlight if they wanted to.

I've taken one picture in my life of a homeless person (here in Tokyo) and felt so terrible that afternoon that I walked around that whole afternoon to find him again. I finally did find him, showed him the image and then deleted the image. I asked him if I could help him out and he agreed to let me buy him a sandwich and a beer at a local convenient store, which I happily did.

Hopefully this photag that posted these was able to somehow find a way to pay for the privilege..

MuMinded

That was a really decent thing for you to do man.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinion/s and/or suggestion/s of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow