Opinions On The Canon Power Shot SX150

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,604Gear list
Like?
Re: Use Eneloops or other low self discharge batteries.
In reply to OpticsEngineer, Nov 5, 2012

Just to be sure about things, I fully recharged my batteries and tried again.  Same results.

The best thing about the SX150 is it feels perfect in the hands.  The screen is clearly visible, even in sunlight.   But indoors, the images come out noisy.    I only use my SX150 outdoors in sunlight and use other cameras indoors or in twilight.     One odd quirk about the SX150 is that lower light images look noisier on the camera display than they do when you load them on the computer.   Overall, for the price, the camera is good.  Kind of a winner actually.  But hard to recommend because newer cameras with CMOS sensors do a better job in low light than the CCD in the SX150.  I believe the SX160 has retained the CCD.   Some people like a CCD because in bright light the noise levels with a CCD are lower than with CMOS.  But I figure the noise is low in bright light either way.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Fujifilm XF1 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow