Why no post-processing?

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
eagle2a
Senior MemberPosts: 1,894
Like?
Re: Why no post-processing?
In reply to Cyril Catt, Nov 5, 2012

As has already been stated, "post processing is a very personal consideration". But what I have found is that once you become comfortable using whatever application appeals to you the most, a little post processing can usually help. Naturally it depends on the picture taken. But I dare say there's very few photographers, and very few of their shots, that would not benefit, at least to some degree, by a small amount of post processing.

It has always been my ambition to be able to take a picture that needed no post processing, or cropping, or anything, but would be perfect right out of the camera. I've been taking pictures for over 40 years and I have yet to reach that goal. I still try, but I'm beginning to think that I may never get there. At least not in any kind of a substantial way (read that as "one in 100,"maybe). but the real deal is, as you progress, you become more critical of your work. It's kind of a never ending vortex really, but a heck of a lot of fun. So go enjoy yourself!

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow