A99: Does the price point become rediculous for photographers?

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Trevor_S
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
Re: A99: Does the price point become rediculous for photographers?
In reply to travelshots_dpr, Nov 5, 2012

travelshots_dpr wrote:

What do you thinK? Is A99 pricing still acceptable or completely unrealistic?

I am thinking of moving over from Nikon, my gear was stolen so I have no equipment to get rid of .. The A99 is exciting the dual vid/photo aspect was what initially had me interested and then the SLT itself (OVF) but the price of the camera does make me stop and pause to think, that coupled with the price of lenses eg I can  get a 70-200 7.2.8 Nikon or a 70-200 f4 Nikon, I would go (same same with Canon) with the f4 but these sorts of choices are not available with Sony.  I have no legacy Minolta gear to tempt me across, I used and loved my Minolta A2 for many years though !

That said the quality of the lenses that are there seem great but is seems mostly very high grade or low grade, not much "in between", is that a reasonable observation.  That and I have had nothing but bad experiences with SONY after sales service in the past so I dread ever having a problem.

I will sit on the decision, read some more and make a decision in the New Year, if I see the drop in the A99 that I saw in the D800 I will move. If not.. no idea

Trevor_S's gear list:Trevor_S's gear list
Nikon D300 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow