What Ideal Lens For Basketball Game w/ NEX-7?

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jtosbo00
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
What Ideal Lens For Basketball Game w/ NEX-7?
Nov 5, 2012

I'm well aware that the NEX are not best suited for action sports but I want to take my NEX-7 to Barclay Center (Brooklyn) for a college basketball game this Friday. I am trying to decide which lens I should take and ideally would only like to take just one with me. I will be sitting courtside 3 rows from the court and on the far sideline (looking right ahead at the free throw's paint area). So given my vantage point and the following lens, which would be best?

• Sigma 19mm f2.8
  • Sigma 30mm f2.8
  • SEL18200
  • Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f1.4
  • Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar 15mm f4.5

The Voigtlander's are the newest additions to my collection and I've really enjoyed them as manual focusing has opened doors for me.  But not sure if I can focus quickly enough for fast moving action on a basketball court?  I've only had the for about 3 weeks now and they are my first manual lens for any camera.

Todd

jtosbo00's gear list:jtosbo00's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX30 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic +6 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow