Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
RevsCam
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Re: Macro lens suggestions for FZ200 ... HELP Common guys
In reply to Balifly, Nov 5, 2012

Balifly wrote:

RevsCam wrote:

Too much obvious CA, even on the +1 lens. In my SLR days I was shooting Tri-X and Plus-X almost exclusively, so CA wasn't such a big deal.

Since you have them, give them a try.

If I were going to buy a macro lens for the FZ150 I'd look first at the Raynox DCR-150.

Thanks for the reply!

What is "CA", I am not familiar with the abbreviation.

I have found the Raynox DCR-150, it is about the same price as the Canon 500D Close-up Lens.

There should be some previous forum postings comparing the two lenses.

The FZ200 is relatively new to me, I have only had it for about six weeks.

It has been great as a travel camera on my recent trip to Kuta, Bali and Shanghai China.

Too bad I did not have a close up lens for the tropical flowers, next time.

Chromatic Abberration. It means not all colors focus at exactly the same point. It results in a slight color fringing around high contrast boundaries. Usually blue on one side, red on the other.

I think for flowers, you'd probably be fine without a macro lens. Just use full telephoto and set the focusing to macro. Sure, you will be about 2 meters away but it works well. There's another recent thread called "FZ150 First butterfly" that would give you a good example. The 200 should be about the same.

RevsCam's gear list:RevsCam's gear list
Olympus C-7000 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow