Second thoughts on XE1 Kit

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
dnercesian
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
Re: Second thoughts on XE1 Kit
In reply to Balthazar B, Nov 5, 2012

23mm 1.4, since it's the most versatile focal length for most of the photography I like to do. It would get the most day-to-day use by far.

Totally agree. I have to suspect this was withheld out of respect for the X100, but I still think it should have been first. The X100 still has it's appeal.

27mm pancake (!): I want to carry this in my pocket when I travel light and this is the best way to do so given my favorite mode of photography (street/general).

Just too redundant for me. If I had to carry something in my pocket, I'd just carry an X100. If I had to switch lenses, i wouldn't do so to go from 23 to 27. Not worth carrying and not worth the lens change.

As (bad) luck would have it, only the last three lenses are currently available.

Very bad luck. The initial lenses are really great optically, but in no way part of the everyday system I would use.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinion/s and/or suggestion/s of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow