Lens suggestions: Nepal and India Holiday

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Albert Ang
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Re: How I destroyed my cameras
In reply to NZ Scott, Nov 5, 2012

NZ Scott wrote:

All but one of these incidents happened within the space of 18 calendar months. The year 2010 was my annus horriblis for camera destruction.

Sorry to hear that. My dslr gears were stolen early this year too, sadly in my own town, Melbourne - unfortunately, i was stupid enough not to insure them. I haven't heard any news since eventhough the police got the suspect's photo.

Anyway, I learned my lesson: buy insurance! And that what I will do before I'm going to India and Nepal. It's kinda beat the purpose to buy good gears so I can shoot beautiful photos but unable to bring them out. I agree, with great composition skill, good photographers can still shoot nice photos - but, i don't want to cripple myself when I have capable gears.

For gears thanks for all recommendations. I'll try to get 40-150mm first and see if i can get a decent price for 12-35mm. Also, what others think of bringing tripod or gorillapod?

Albert Ang's gear list:Albert Ang's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow