It's not about the gear! Portrait/wedding shooting with 4/3, YES WE CAN!

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,796Gear list
Like?
Re: It's not about the gear! Portrait/wedding shooting with 4/3, YES WE CAN!
In reply to faith_ps, Nov 5, 2012

If one has ever been in business of any kind as a proprietor, one very quickly realises that there are several very important things in business.

1) The customer usually knows what they wish to achieve; but is frequently confused or even wrong about how those ends can be achieved.

2) It is the duty of the business owner to apply their knowledge, skills and experience in ascertaining what the client needs, as distinct from their wants, and communicating these ideas to their client.

3) Having done the exercise in (2), then coming to mutual agreement with the client as to how those needs and wants can best be achieved, and the possible compromises necessarily involved. Most problems can be overcome with sufficient money hurled at them, but usually this is very much not an available solution ... - most of us have some monetary constraints in our lives. Some more, some less so.

4) Delivering the agreed outcome in a satisfactory manner for both business and client, and within the time frame envisaged by the client ...

5) Following up with the client (if appropriate, dependant on the nature of the business) regarding satisfaction of the client with the results.

If all this bears a striking resemblance to the Total Quality Management (TQM) process, it's hardly surprising. It's where I learned the above from back in my studies for my accounting degree.

One can read more about TQM here:
http://asq.org/learn-about-quality/total-quality-management/overview/overview.html

With a bit of re-jigging, this process can be applied in any business, not just in manufacturing, IMO.

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow