Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 11,980
Like?
Re: Yes you can mix OEM and Cone ink...
In reply to jtoolman, Nov 4, 2012

jtoolman wrote:

Vernon,

How is the performance of the Inkjetfly VM and VLM? Specifically, how to red and magenta object look on glossy papers. Are they as glossy as the other colors?

With CONE pigment inks, there is not difference.

On a glossy print of a so called normal print, with even representation of colors, those the overall gloss appear even?

Thanks

Joe

Hello Joe,  I have been enjoying reading your helpful comments.

I am using Inkjetcarts inks (Ross Hardie) not Inkjetfly.  Also, only two of the re-loaded cartridges (LLB and Yellow) are currently in use.  All others are Epson OEM Cartridges.

Most of my Photo Printing (using the 3880) is using Matte Type Papers.  So far, after the two cartridge change; I haven't printed on Glossy or Luster type Photo paper or any that use the Photo Black ink.  Before I changed to use the two refillable cartridges, I printed several 8 x 10 test Photos on several of the Sample Red River Papers (plus several using Epson Papers with known test images) and as time permits I plan to print the same tests with the changed ink cartridge configuration.  Then, I will be able to compare the results using the different type papers.  I look forward to the comparisons.

I had a small accident that has me "slowed down" with my other "Honey Do" jobs --[Grin]....

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow