Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
MirekE
Contributing MemberPosts: 820
Like?
Re: New Lens or New Body?
In reply to Myatix, Nov 4, 2012

Myatix wrote:

Hi All,

I am a hobbiest and have had a 20D for about 7 years... My current kit includes 17-55 kit lens, a 70-200 f/4 and a 50mm f/1.8ii

I mainly take portraits but also some landscapes and am thinking about doing some street photography!

I have be considering upgrading to the Canon 5Dii or iii, or else getting some new L lenses, perhaps the 17-40mm f/4 or the 24-105mm f/4L or a 50mm f/1.4 or 85mm f/1.8

What should I get considering my current kit? I also live in Denmark, so light isn't always as bright as it might be in sunnier climates!

Look forward to hearing some educated responses!

Thanks in advance!

5D2 or 5D3 is a big upgrade. You get more resolution, better low light performance, obviously FF and in case of 5D3 also much better AF. Your 17-55 won't work on FF. I think you could live with 50/1.8 and 70-200 though.

If this is either lenses or a new body (not both) for you, I think the camera would be a bigger upgrade with more impact on technical quality of your pictures.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow