Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,828Gear list
Like?
D7000 Auto Focusing Consistantcy Results with 16-85VR
Nov 4, 2012

After AF Fine tuning my lenses lately i've had more opportunities to test the D7000 and my technique to see how the camera AF responds. To be short, it is very good now. I took a lot more photos then the ones you see here and they all came out focused properly, and the ones that didn't is because i know what i did wrong, and they were actually only a handfull amount.

I shot, and shot, and shot, and shot, and the auto focusing is very consistent. There is one photo here where there is a Gorilla inside a very dark room, and the camera grabbed it spot on without hunting or any problem.

You will see some photos of a parade with Buzz Lightyear and Woody, and i thought that here the AF was going to start failing on me because of that type of skin tone look, I kind of was expecting some back or front focusing, but i was wrong, EVERY photo was focused perfectly. I am very and more than happy with the camera. You just have to learn how to use it. I am sure other models are better in some ways, but for $999 this camera is a STEEL!

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow