Started Nov 4, 2012 | Questions thread
feinschmecker
Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?
Re: Help needed: Questions about Panasonic G5 Manual Focus Assist
In reply to drtmw, Nov 4, 2012

drtmw wrote:

Hi Pablo,

I have a G5 and with my Panny lenses, turning the focus ring on the lens activates the focus assist, even of the shutter is partly depressed.

Hi Tom, thanks for your response. My first question was about the scenario where I active the manual focus assist and then half-press the shutter button and after half-pressing the shutter button, I would want the manual focus assist still to be displayed. But it disappears as soon as I half-press the shutter button. So my question was: Is there any way to prevent this?

Perhaps the problem is in the connection with your Sigma via the adapter.

I must be something with the Sigma lens, you are probably right. I have got two Olympus four thirds lenses, also used via the MMF2 adapter and they do activate the manual focus assist view when their focus ring is turned. But the Sigma doesn't trigger that behaviour on the G5 unfortunately.

Hence my question about how to active the manual focus assist via buttons. Any idea?

Again, thanks all in advance,

Pablo

When I shoot macro, I have set one of the custom settings to be manual focus since I find the MF far better for close focus applications, but I use only Panny lenses. I guess the other alternative would be to put the focus options on the quick menu - that way it would be relatively easy to move from one of the AF options to MF.

I hope you enjoy your G5, I love mine.

tom

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow