So much negative Canon and 5D MK III chatter. 35+ "Real" world photos to show otherwise.

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Travelintrevor
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
Re: Perhaps look again?
In reply to russbarnes, Nov 4, 2012

russbarnes wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

russbarnes wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

russbarnes wrote:

This set of images prove why DR is everything. All I see is blown highlights, thanks for showing us the real 5DIII.

Then you should look again, perhaps?

Or explain what you consider a blown highlight. Because I found specular highlights, yes, but no blown highlights

Regards,
Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

You must be kidding.

No.

I have a calibrated monitor.

So is mine.

Highlights are clearly blown in all of the first ten shots and number 16 is simply awful. Sorry, but it's pretty poor exposure technique for me mixed with limited DR.

Hmm. When is a highlight blown for you?

Because I went and looked at the first eight bride images in LR4 and saw no blocked areas, only specular points. Dragging the highlight slider to -100 clearly showed lots of details in the dress.

So what do you call 'blown'?

Mind, I would have taken the highlights down a notch or two, myself. But that can be done, as the detail is still there.

Regards,
Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

You just proved my point. Because if these are being presented as representative of the DR in the 5DIII then he's doing a pretty poor job because most look blown or over-exposed. It would be nice to actually see the dress.

Looking blown and ARE blown are very different. And you do not have a calibrated monitor or we would not be having this discussion. Period. You have seen the SNIPS from LR showing NO clipping yet you continue to argue your point.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow