X-E1 & X-Pro1 Dynamic Range

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
noyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 & X-Pro1 Dynamic Range
In reply to Trevor G, Nov 4, 2012

Trevor G wrote:

Why not post an image shot with 2 different cameras of the same scene, such as dpreview's very own studio shots, which demonstrate your point?

Thanks but I wasn't talking about 'test' or review shots, which of course I have looked at many times. I was referring to the quality of images by the 'real users' published in this forum. I know you need to interpret everything you see on the web but what people actually do with their camera can be as valid as many reviews.

If you want to see the images I was referring to, simply select, at random, any of the shots in the threads on the front page of this forum. Leaving aside creativity and composition, with respect to muddy lowlights & blocky colour, not many of them couldn't be done with my tablet device with its tiny lens and chip, IMHO. I'm not getting the WOW about image quality.

Either people are making style choices, are technically inexperienced or the DR shown in the reviews is more elusive than the average user can find.

-- hide signature --

Norman Young
www.noyo.eu

noyo's gear list:noyo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-M1 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow